The main objective of Enel Generación Piura is to perform activities related to generation and commercialization of electrical energy and to have presence in the natural gas business.
The power plant is located in the city of Talara, in the northeast of Peru, and the administrative area operates in Lima. Its operations are carried out within the concession area, and according to the current legislation that allows the development of every civil, industrial, commercial and any other and operations related or unrelated to the main purpose.
As of December 31, 2018, the equity participation of Enel Generación Piura is the following: 96.50% is controlled by Enel Perú S.A.C. (company wholly owned by Enel Américas) and other shareholders own the remaining 3.5% shareholding.
Generation plants are:
- Malacas 1 Power Plant: Comprises one Siemens unit, model SGT-800, named TG6, its gross installed capacity is 51 MW and operates with natural gas. This unit began commercial operations on February 25, 2017.
- Malacas 2 Power Plant: Comprises one ABB unit, named TGN-4, its gross installed capacity is 106 MW and operates with natural gas.
- Malacas 3 Power Plant: Comprises one singe Siemens unit, named TG-5, operates with diesel B5 fuel in open cycle in condition of Cold Reserve. On July 4, 2018 a gross new installed capacity of 187 MW in diesel mode was approved. Worth is mentioning that, since August 6, 2017, the Coes Sinac approved its gross commercial operation with 128 MW “natu-ral gas mode” additionally to its operation with diesel fuel.