Materiality Matrix Enel Américas 2020
The highest priority topics are described below, although each of them and their associated risks are covered in each chapter of the Enel Américas Sustainability Report.
1. Health and Safety: for Enel Américas and its stakeholders, the occupational health and safety of employees, contractors, and stakeholders in general is a priority for the performance and continuity of service, which became more relevant than ever during the pandemic. For this reason, Enel Américas embraces best practices on governance, strategy, and procedures to detect and prevent situations that could jeopardize the safety and health of internal and external workers.
2. Energy distribution: the quality and reliability of the electrical grid supply are key in a context of greater electrification. Increased investment in digitalization and maintenance is a priority to strengthen the resilience of the grid, which is facing growing challenges from the decentralization of generation.
3. Sound governance: Enel Américas has established rules, models, and control mechanisms that govern the actions of its employees under principles of integrity, both internally and externally. This model of transparent conduct generates trust among stakeholders, an aspect that is reflected in the Company's economic results as well as in its positioning in the main sustainability indexes.
4. Customer focus: the Company targets its business strategy towards satisfying the needs of its customers, placing quality relationships with them at the forefront of its strategy. As meeting the needs of customers is paramount, the evolution of technology has led the Company to providecitizens with direct energy management tools, changing the role of the consumer to a more proactive role as a “prosumer."
5. People management, development, and motivation: the People Centricity strategy places Enel Américas employees at the center. Their development and motivation are key to the sustainable management of the company, especially in the context of the energy transition.