As a result of the analysis of the context and megatrends, and the prioritization of material issues by stakeholders, the Company defines the course of action in each line of business and staff areas, integrating in the Company's Sustainability Plan the actions dedicated to address megatrends and meet the expectations of its stakeholders and the market in general.
The sustainability strategy, embodied in the Sustainability Plan, includes the energy transition, the basis of Enel Américas' business strategy, based on the Investment Plan aimed at the Net Zero ambition and the electrification of energy consumption. To carry out the sustainable strategy, people are the protagonists to implement the model and nature is the essence. To transversally strengthen the Business Plan, Enel Américas focuses on growth accelerators, essential aspects to make the actions put in place to achieve the Group's objectives faster and more effective. At the base of everything, finally, the foundations, the foundations without which it would not be possible to build the sustainability strategy, are considered essential.
In defining the actions to be included in the Enel Américas Sustainability Plan, we also consider factors external to the Company that influence the business and its long-term sustainability. These factors are represented in the energy and social strategies, the NDCs in the and social strategies, the NDCs in the area of environmental strategy, the guiding principles of business and human rights, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the Sustainability Strategy indications that the Company receives from the market, from ESG analysts and prioritized according to stakeholder materiality. In order to achieve the objectives of the plan and its commitments, a series of actions are designed throughout the value chain and involve the entire Company.
The 2022-2024 Sustainability Plan is divided into 6 macro themes, which are interconnected and represent the strategic lines of action:
1. Net Zero Ambition: to advance Net Zero targets by 2040.
2. Electrification: Enable the electrification of customers' energy demand, offering a reliable and sustainable service.
3. People: Create long-term value with and for all stakeholders, helping them to grow and meet challenges.
4. Nature: Promote the protection of natural capital and biodiversity.
5. Growth Accelerators: Accelerate sustainable progress through innovation, digitalization and the circular economy.
6. ESG fundamentals: Supporting good governance, respect and promotion of human rights, continuous improvement of health and safety objectives.
Based on the context analysis and mega trends to identify the relevant ESG aspects in the value chain, the material issues are defined considering the stakeholders' expectations and the Company's strategic aspects, in order to define the path to follow in each line of business and staff, which makes up the Company's sustainability plan.