Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Indices and Ratings
The relevance of sustainability in the business of Enel Américas and its performance in this matter, is reflected in its participation in various indices recognized worldwide, which allows traceability of the work carried out and represents an opportunity that allows comparing its management, give credibility and transparency to investors, consumers and stakeholders.
There is a clear connection between sustainability and value creation. Investing in environmentally and socially sustainable projects, companies can maximize profits and minimize risks, while also contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals promoted by the United Nations.
In this way, the sustainability and ranking indices are instruments to measure the responsibility of a certain company in ESG areas. Therefore, the ratings and analysis carried out by specialized organizations in these matters are considered a strategic tool to support investors and identify risks and opportunities related to sustainability in their investment portfolio, helping to develop sustainable investment strategies.
Main Indices and ESG Ranking that Enel Américas has participated
• Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI): In 2020, Enel Américas was included in the three categories it participates: Emerging Markets, Integrated Market of the Pacific Alliance (MILA) and Chile. The score obtained by Enel Américas places it among the best companies worldwide, achieving scores higher than 90/100 in more than 60% of the criteria. Additionally, Enel Américas was highlighted in the “Bronze Class” category in The Sustainability Yearbook 2021 of S&P Global, which gives an account of the excellence of the company worldwide on corporate sustainability, placing the company among the 5% and 10% best sustainability performance in the industry. Enel Américas reconfirms its inclusion in this important directory of sustainable companies for the third consecutive year.
• FTSE4 GOOD: London Stock Exchange sustainability index that classifies the best companies based on their performance in areas such as the fight against climate change, governance, respect for Human Rights and measures against corruption. Enel Américas has been included in this ranking for the fourth consecutive year in the Emerging Markets and Latin America categories.
• Vigeo-Eiris: Enel Américas was included for the fourth consecutive year in the “Best Emerging Markets Performers” ranking in the Vigeo-Eiris utilities sector, which includes the best performing companies in emerging markets with a emphasis on “best in his class".
• MSCI ESG Indexes: These indexes seek to generate common perspectives in relation to ESG investments, and serve as a benchmark for investors regarding the ESG performance of the Companies. Since 2019, Enel Américas received the AA classification, forming part of the various sustainability stock market indices offered by this entity.
• Sustainalytics: International provider of sustainability risk assessments for investors, which has classified Enel Américas, with a score of 27.4, in which the lower implies the less risk, ranking within the 18% of companies with the lowest risk of the global electrical industry